Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm swamped!


Now that we're leaving so soon, the amount of 'stuff' that needs to be done seems to be building. It's like trying to keep the water from coming down out of the mountains - not happening. Sure, it's pretty, but the 12 oz. cup I'm holding has a finite capacity, and I can't drink any more. I'm just glad we don't live by the Mississippi River...or Niagara Falls.


It doesn't seem to matter how much I try to do, I have at least two additional tasks for every one that I check off. Bummer. I guess I shouldn't be upset. It's job security for my job as a human being, husband, and father. They can't possibly kick me out of the human race with all I've got left to do!!

The same can be said for Shanlee, Megan, and Lori. Between finalizing plans, getting itineraries, making sure all of the documentation is in place, getting the last of the funding worked out, figuring out how to get all of the books to the DR, and buying clothes for the trip, it's a wonder they have time for anything else.

And, yes, there is something else. Shanlee is working on an online course from BYU - 4 1/2 lessons to go. Plus reading for AP French and AP English every day. Megan is taking a summer physical education course every morning. That class ends on Monday, June 29th. Lori and I are volunteering at the Oquirrh Temple Open House on Wednesday afternoon. And I've been working on a circuit in the garage that appears to have a short in it. Lovely.


I realize we're not any different than the rest of you - it seems we all have so much going on day-to-day that we have little time to do more than wave and say 'Hi' to each other...sometimes not even that. (You know who you are, I waved, and you just kept driving with your nose in the air. Don't worry, I'll get over it...eventually.)


So, with the clock ticking ever closer to departure, we find ourselves ticking ever closer to frenzy. I can only hope the number of things added to the bottom of my list slows down so I can feel better about myself when I leave. Maybe I'll use smaller paper for the list; or a pen with no ink in it; or bigger letters. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments: